Decarbonization and Sustainability
Mission-driven and state-mandated decarbonization and sustainability goals are causing stakeholders in the energy industry to reimagine how to plan and pay for the grid of the future. Balancing the integration of renewable energy, energy storage, energy efficiency, transportation and heating electrification, transmission and distribution, and reliability with customer needs in an equitable and sustainable manner is integral to that future.
Daymark Energy Advisors provides strategic and technical advice to public and private companies and their regulators, helping our clients assess, design, and implement decarbonization strategies and compliance plans by analyzing the impacts of policy, ratemaking, interconnection, and technical options to decarbonize.
- Design and execution of competitive solicitations to procure energy sources that contribute to decarbonization initiatives
- Value of renewable technology studies
- Net metering and other incentive structures for distributed solar installations
- Strategic planning and renewable portfolio optimization
- Rate-redesign to ensure equity among commercial, industrial, and residential customers
- Setting G&T cooperative wholesale rates to reflect carbon-free resource supply to distribution cooperatives members
- Rate structures for electric vehicles, distributed energy resources, and energy storage to encourage technology adoption
- Feed-in-tariffs design to encourage rooftop solar and customer-sited resources
- Battery storage and renewable project development and integration to increase reliability and resiliency