Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients succeed in the face of uncertainty and transformative change.
We are seeking an Energy Analyst to join our Daymark team. The Energy Analyst will have the opportunity to engage in projects across the firm’s practice areas, which include utility rate design, regulatory economics, competitive procurement, clean energy, and power system planning. We serve a diverse client base across North America.
If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to help clients make decisions on the path toward decarbonization, and are a high performer with a history of academic and professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
Daymark Energy Advisors is headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer flexible work arrangements, and our team is located throughout the United States and Canada.
Daymark is adhering to recommendations of the Massachusetts Department of Health and CDC with respect to travel and work arrangements for all employees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Supporting the firm’s market analytics and consulting activities
- Researching electric and natural gas market data
- Maintaining energy market databases
- Building and using power systems, electric and gas infrastructure planning, and price forecasting models
- Analyzing loads and resources
- Researching utility tariffs and regulatory filings
- Providing general support for consulting and marketing operations
- The ability to do thorough analysis with quality, integrity, and objectivity
- Team oriented problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong Excel skills, with an ability to understand and build models that use features such as arithmetic and index/match formulas, if/then logic, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Strong English and communication skills, both orally and written, to engage with clients
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Open to putting in the work needed to ensure successful completion of client engagements
- Willing to gain the specialized functional skills and industry knowledge needed to be successful
- Experience with Python or R is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline with an application to energy and utilities (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Policy, History)
- This is an entry level position
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.