Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients succeed in the face of uncertainty and transformative change. We provide advisory and analytical solutions to developers, utilities, and state agencies across North America, working in partnership with them and applying cutting edge thinking to decarbonize the power sector.
We are seeking an Energy Analyst to join our Daymark team. The Energy Analyst will have the opportunity to engage in projects across our practice areas including clean energy, power system planning, procurements and portfolios, utility rate design, and regulatory economics.
If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to help clients make decisions on their path toward decarbonization, and are a high performer with a history of academic and professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
Daymark Energy Advisors is headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer flexible work arrangements (remote, hybrid, office), and our team is located throughout the United States and Canada.
- Supporting the firm’s market analytics and consulting activities
- Researching electric and natural gas market data
- Maintaining energy market databases
- Building and using tools to model power systems, electric and gas infrastructure planning, and price forecasts
- Analyzing loads and resources
- Researching utility tariffs and regulatory filings
- Providing general support for consulting and marketing operations
- An overriding curiosity and desire to help others succeed in a team environment
- The ability to do thorough analysis with quality, integrity, and objectivity
- Excel skills, with an ability to understand and build models that use features such as arithmetic and index/match formulas, if/then logic, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Communication skills, both oral and written, to engage with clients and team members and to deliver analysis and advice
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Open to putting in the work needed to ensure successful completion of client engagements
- Willing to gain the specialized functional skills and industry knowledge needed to be successful
- Experience with Python or R is a plus
Bachelor’s degree in a discipline with an application to energy and utilities (e.g., Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Policy, History)
This is an entry level position
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team is happy to connect with interested candidates to discuss this opportunity and careers at Daymark. To reach anyone on our team, please use the “contact” button on any team member page at the link below.