PLEXOS Expert Modeler
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation and markets to help our clients make well-informed business, capital investment, and policy decisions in the face of transformative change.
We seek an exceptional candidate with expertise in power transmission modeling and energy market simulation and forecasting to join our team. Daymark Energy Advisors has been using PLEXOS as a critical tool for delivering solutions to clients’ complex commercial and policy challenges, and at least 2-5 years direct experience with this software is preferred. The PLEXOS Expert Modeler will help our team to meet our clients’ growing need for insights into the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly evolving power markets.
If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to help clients make decisions on the path toward decarbonization, and are a high performer with a history of professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
Daymark Energy Advisors is headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer flexible work arrangements, and our team is located throughout the United States.
Daymark is adhering to recommendations of the Massachusetts Department of Health and CDC with respect to travel and work arrangements for all employees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Perform power market model-based price forecasts and analysis of the evolving power system landscape using the PLEXOS software by Energy Exemplar in both zonal and nodal configurations, based on solid fundamental understanding of power markets and modeling best practices. For example, recent projects have included assessing the LMP impacts of integrating large amounts of renewable resources and the impacts of adding carbon charges on market performance, production costs, and emissions.
- Provide analysis and expertise to enhance the firm’s market analytics and consulting activities.
- Lead and supervise support teams in market research, data acquisition, data reporting, and visual graphics creation, primarily using Excel and scripting.
- Maintain and improve energy market and power system databases.
- Operate other power system, electric and gas infrastructure planning, and price forecasting models
A qualified candidate for this position will have:
- Significant professional experience operating nodal market simulation models, with a strong preference for experience in PLEXOS, particularly modeling PJM, MISO, NYISO and/or ISO-New England systems
- Strong quantitative and critical analytical skills
- Solid understanding of power system and market fundamentals
- Experience with Python or R is desirable
- Strong English and communication skills, both orally and in writing, to engage with clients
- An overriding curiosity and desire to help others succeed in a team environment
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.