Power System Engineer
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients succeed in the face of uncertainty and transformative change.
Daymark Energy Advisors is seeking an Power System Engineer to join the firm’s market analytics team.
If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to help clients make decisions on the path toward decarbonization, and are a high performer with a history of academic and professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
Daymark Energy Advisors is headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer flexible work arrangements, and our team is located throughout the United States.
Daymark is adhering to recommendations of the Massachusetts Department of Health and CDC with respect to travel and work arrangements for all employees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
Coordinate, perform, and review technical studies related to the interconnection of proposed new generation, transmission, and load facilities (i.e., interconnection projects)
Conduct studies regarding system reliability and regulatory impacts on transmission system security, reliability, economics, and ability to enable public policy
Perform analyses to support public policy and merchant transmission infrastructure development, identification of optimal points of interconnection for clean energy resources, capacity deliverability analysis, long-term no regrets expansion of the grid, evaluation of non-transmission alternatives and advanced technologies
- Proficiency in power systems analysis tools including PowerWorld, TARA, PSS/E or PSLF
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering concepts including but not limited to reliability, load flow, stability, short circuit, voltage regulation, transients, power factor
- Highly quantitative, with the ability to do thorough analysis with quality, integrity, and objectivity
- Team-oriented problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong Excel skills, with an ability to understand and build models that use features such as arithmetic and index/match formulas, if/then logic, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Experience with Python or R is desirable
- Strong English and communication skills, both orally and in writing, to engage with clients
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Open to putting in the work needed to ensure successful completion of client engagements
- Willing to gain the specialized functional skills and industry knowledge needed to be successful
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with a power system specialization and coursework
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.