Power System Planning, Market Services Consultant
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients succeed in the face of uncertainty and transformative change. We provide advisory and analytical solutions to developers, utilities, and state agencies across North America, working in partnership with them and applying cutting edge thinking to decarbonize the power sector.
We are seeking a Consultant to join our Daymark team and support our continued growth. The Consultant will have the opportunity to engage in projects across our practice areas including heavily in our power system planning and clean energy practices.
If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to help clients make decisions on their path toward decarbonization, and are a high performer with a history of professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
Daymark Energy Advisors is headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer flexible work arrangements (remote, hybrid, office), and our team is located throughout the United States and Canada.
- Evaluate historical power system performance, analyze patterns, and correlate patterns with system conditions to identify contributing factors.
- Research key energy market operational processes and current issues/trends, in part, by attending (remotely) industry stakeholder meetings.
- Perform complex zonal and nodal electricity market modeling with PLEXOS market simulation software for price forecasting, portfolio assessment, and risk analyses including congestion and curtailment assessments with security constrained economic dispatch (SCED).
- Analyze simulation results and utilize data analysis techniques to interpret and visualize simulation results.
- Present study results and findings to clients via written materials and virtual meetings, with the ability to answer client questions.
- Conduct business development activities, including assisting in preparation of responses for new tenders/bids/opportunities, managing client engagements, and developing and expanding key client relationships.
- Support projects and project team members working both independently and in collaboration with other colleagues and managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, economics, mathematics, finance, or a related field of study
- Minimum two (2) years of direct work experience in energy production cost modeling and/or energy market simulation using PLEXOS, PROMOD, UPLAN or Encompass
- Knowledge of North American RTO/ISO markets and their planning practices
- Familiarity with power and gas market constructs, including familiarity with Locational Marginal Prices (LMP), basis and congestion risk, renewable curtailment etc.
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong technical leadership abilities and traits.
- Willingness to mentor other consultants.
- Ability to work in a high-paced team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
An overriding curiosity and a desire to help others succeed in a team environment
- Graduate level degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on Power Systems.
- Direct experience using PLEXOS.
- Knowledge of ERCOT and/or CAISO/Western grid interconnection and corresponding planning practices including resource integration studies.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with power system analysis software packages including TARA, PSS/E and/or Powerworld.
- Working knowledge of automation scripts such as Python for development of automation modules.
Interested candidates, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Our team is happy to connect with interested candidates to discuss this opportunity and careers at Daymark. To reach anyone on our team, please use the “contact” button on any team member page at the link below.