Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients succeed in the face of uncertainty and transformative change. We provide advisory and analytical solutions to developers, utilities, and state agencies across North America, working in partnership with them and applying cutting edge thinking to decarbonize the power sector.
We are hiring a Finance Manager to join our operations team and support our continued growth. The Finance Manager contributes to the organization’s overall success by effectively managing financial planning, reporting, budgeting, and forecasting. If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to collaborate with our consulting team for organizational success, and are a high performer with a history of professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
Daymark Energy Advisors is headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts, and our team is located throughout the United States and Canada. We offer flexible work arrangements (remote, hybrid, office) with preference for this Finance Manager role to be a hybrid work arrangement with willingness to work some amount of time in Daymark’s Worcester, Massachusetts, office.
Our compensation and benefits include:
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work arrangements (remote, hybrid, office)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Comprehensive group health and dental plans
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
Reports to Managing Director
Business Manager reports to Finance Manager
Primary duties and responsibilities
The Finance Manager is accountable for efficient and effective Financial Operations and performs a wide range of duties, including some or all the following:
- Lead financial planning and reporting, including forecasting and budgeting.
- Create and execute a plan to improve the management of financial statements and forecasting utilizing Daymark’s new enterprise system.
- Ownership and oversight of timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with Accounting Standards.
- Oversee bookkeeping and payroll functions, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis and data where possible and appropriate to support profitability (e.g., for initiatives, investments, large projects).
- Support Treasurer and Managing Director to ensure effective cash management in line with policy.
- Assist Managing Director with financial reporting as required at management meetings and board meetings.
- Collaborate with the Practice Area Leads and function heads to create forecasts and track key performance indicators.
- Enhance Project Management Accounting by providing accurate and timely reporting on financial activity of individual projects to enhance focus on key metrics.
- Oversee the management of leases, contracts and other financial commitments, alongside Operations Manager.
- Support Managing Director, negotiate with the Bank(s) for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate.
- University degree or College degree in a related field, such as Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration, or equivalent experience.
- None required; a plus to have designations like CPA, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 3-4 years’ work in finance and accounting functions, preferably with broad responsibilities for a service firm
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Open to putting in the work needed to ensure successful completion of business processes
- A self-starter with an overriding curiosity and desire to help others succeed in a team environment
- People management capability an asset
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
- Accounting (VantagePoint or Vision is desirable)
- Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Database management
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Our team is happy to connect with interested candidates to discuss this opportunity and careers at Daymark. To reach anyone on our team, please use the “contact” button on any team member page at the link below.