Cost of Service, Rate Design Consultant or Senior Consultant
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients succeed in the face of uncertainty and transformative change.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate with a strong understanding of the utility rate setting process from cost of service studies and cost allocation to rate design.
If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to help clients make decisions on the path toward decarbonization, and are a high performer with a history of professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
Daymark Energy Advisors is headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer flexible work arrangements, and our team is located throughout the United States.
Daymark is adhering to recommendations of the Massachusetts Department of Health and CDC with respect to travel and work arrangements for all employees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Analyze existing and emerging regulations and policies, regulatory precedent, tariffs and rate filings, and capital expansion plans; assess compliance strategies
- Assess relevant information and advise clients on key priorities and implications for cost of service and rate design processes to align results with client needs and regulatory requirements
- Contribute to the ongoing development of Daymark’s complex cost of service and rate design models and train and oversee analysts in their analyses
- Develop analyses, written reports, and presentation materials, and potentially provide expert witness testimony in proceedings before state public utility commissions
- Exercise exceptional analytical skills, sound judgment, creative problem solving, and commercial awareness
- Develop, analyze, and interpret large amounts of data, information, and complex allocated cost of service models quickly and accurately, and make sound policy recommendations
- Deliver clear and persuasive oral communication
- Perform related consulting work including project management, proposal writing, and other analytic tasks for a range of project sizes and levels of complexity
- Manage multiple priorities and concurrent projects and quickly adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Take responsibility and work independently, as well as coordinate team efforts
- Be thorough and detail-oriented
- Work accurately and swiftly under pressure
- Demonstrate patience, tact, and courtesy
- An overriding curiosity and desire to help others succeed in a team environment
- Knowledge of state utility regulatory issues, regulatory practices, and procedures
- Demonstrated experience conducting utility load research, cost of service studies, cost allocation analysis, and rate design
- Experience with cost of capital, revenue requirements, and regulatory analysis
- Experience preparing and/or presenting testimony in regulatory proceedings
- Strong English and communication skills, both orally and in writing, to engage with clients
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, economics, engineering, finance, or law
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively increasing experience performing or reviewing utility cost of service studies and rate analyses, up to and including principal responsibility for the preparation of such studies and analysis (Consultant role)
- Minimum of five (5) years increasing experience performing or reviewing utility cost of service studies and rate analyses, up to and including the supervision of the preparation of such studies and analysis (Senior Consultant role)
- Experience preparing and defending work product such as technical reports or expert testimony; demonstrated ability to manage staff (Senior Consultant role)
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.