Consultant or Senior Consultant
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients make well-informed business, capital investment, and policy decisions in the face of transformative change.
We seek an exceptional candidate to join our team with expertise in applying statistical methods and economic analysis to power system and power market questions. The Consultant or Senior Consultant will help our team meet our clients’ growing need for insights into the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly evolving power markets.
If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to help clients make decisions on the path toward decarbonization, and are a high performer with a history of professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
Daymark Energy Advisors is headquartered in Worcester, Massachusetts. We offer flexible work arrangements, and our team is located throughout the United States.
Daymark is adhering to recommendations of the Massachusetts Department of Health and CDC with respect to travel and work arrangements for all employees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Work with consulting teams on commercial, regulatory, and policy-focused projects in both wholesale and retail energy markets
- Apply microeconomic and econometric analysis to market design, pricing, supply and demand forecasting, and policy evaluation
- Examine economic impacts of energy policy, investments, and energy cost and price changes
- Guide the analysts and develop techniques to address quantitative problems and to contribute to the continuing enhancement of the firm’s market analytics capability
- Conduct independent economic research concerning electricity and natural gas market design and policy developments
- Operate other electric and gas infrastructure planning tools, price forecasting models, or power system software
- Provide analytic and forecasting expertise to enhance our team’s consulting activities
- Lead and supervise support teams in market research, data acquisition, data reporting, and visual graphics creation, primarily using Excel and scripting
A qualified candidate for this position will have:
- Experience in the application and use of stochastic analyses and analytical tools in energy analyses
- Solid understanding of big data and its application and interpretation in the energy space
- Experience with multiple approaches to forecasting energy, energy prices, and peak demands
- Experience performing econometric and probabilistic analysis
- Knowledge of energy analytical tools and applications
- Strong statistics, quantitative and critical analytical skills
- Strong English and communication skills, both orally and in writing, to engage with clients
- Masters in Business Analytics or Statistics would be an asset
- An overriding curiosity and desire to help others succeed in a team environment
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.