Senior Analyst, Utility Rates & Cost of Service
Daymark Energy Advisors is seeking a Senior Analyst with experience analyzing utility rate plans, rate design and performing cost of service studies.
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful growing consultancy that brings deep knowledge of energy infrastructure, regulation, and markets to help our clients make well-informed business, capital investment, and policy decisions in the face of uncertainty.
We seek an exceptional candidate with experience analyzing the rates and cost of service of regulated utilities to join our team. Grid modernization, renewable portfolio standards, decarbonization, and other emerging threats and opportunities to the traditional utility business model are top of mind issues for our clients. The successful Senior Analyst will help our clients advance their policy and commercial objectives and will expand the capabilities of our team.
If you have a passion for the energy industry and are a high performer with a history of professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career.
The position will be located in our Worcester, MA office
Daymark is adhering to recommendations of the Massachusetts Department of Health and CDC with respect to temporary work at home arrangements for all employees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Perform rate analysis and cost of service studies, based on solid fundamental understanding of the utility business structure and modeling best practices
- Maintain and improve cost of service model and utility rates databases
- Perform analysis of impacts of changes to cost recovery models due to policies such as net-energy-metering, distributed generation, energy efficiency, and strategic electrification of heating and transportation
- Perform market research, data acquisition, data reporting, and visual graphics creation, primarily using Excel and other tools
A qualified candidate for this position will have:
- An overriding curiosity and desire to contribute to team success
- Two to three (2-3) years professional experience analyzing rates and utility cost of service
- Solid understanding of key policies and issues impacting the regulated utility business and financial operations
- Strong quantitative and critical analytical skills
- Effective English written and oral communication skills
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Comprehensive group health and dental plans
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to grow your skills and advance your career with an industry-leading energy consulting firm
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.