Senior Analyst – Natural Gas TEAM
Daymark Energy Advisors is seeking a Senior Analyst to join the firm’s natural gas team.
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful growing consultancy that provides integrated planning, policy, and strategic decision making advice to the North America electricity and natural gas industries.
If you have a passion for the energy industry and are a high performer with a history of academic and professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career.
The position will be located in our Worcester, MA office.
- Analyze natural gas Local Distribution Company (LDC) resource portfolio, capital needs, and tariffs to determine probable revenue/expense effects, billing impacts, and contractual/technical feasibility
- Research regulatory decisions and trends concerning issues in pending cases
- Research, analyze, and compile statistical data for development of economic and rate models
- Evaluate benefit-cost of proposed rate structures
- Support the design and development of alternative rate proposals and service options
- Provide analysis and insight into the integration of natural gas and electric power markets
- Provide analysis and insights involving forecasts of natural gas prices and basis
- Evaluate service improvements likely to result from technological changes
- Analyze or assist with the development of utility capital expansion plans
- Construct written testimony and exhibits
- Assist with the formulation of strategy and questioning for data requests in regulatory cases and cross-examination of witnesses
- Ability to select appropriate data and analytical methods and build/adapt spreadsheet models
- Strong quantitative and critical analytical skills
- Ability to present and defend analysis
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports and testimony
- Effective English and communication skills to interact with clients
- Capability for or experience interpreting laws and regulations relative to the utility and pipeline industry
- Attention to detail, ability to execute tasks on time and produce client-ready presentations
- Ability to learn quickly, fill knowledge gaps, and innovate
- Ability to work closely in small teams and collaborate effectively
- Flexible, self-motivated, high-functioning team player
- Open to working late, including weekends, as needed, to ensure successful completion of client engagements
- Willing to devote hours outside of normal work hours to gain the specialized functional skills and industry knowledge needed to be successful
- Solid understanding of natural gas Local Distribution Companies’ services, operating characteristics, contractual and engineering practices that determine rate design and tariff requirements
- Knowledge of LDC rate structures, contracting and rate design practices, and gas cost adjustment filings
- Familiarity with interstate natural gas pipeline tariff rate structure and natural gas commodity pricing
- Minimum of five years of experience with an LDC, PUC, or consultancy performing similar duties
- B.S. in a technical discipline, e.g., engineering, mathematics, economics, finance. An advanced degree or professional credential is desirable
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.