Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful, growing consultancy. We bring deep knowledge and an integrated view of energy infrastructure, regulation and markets to help our clients make well-informed business, capital investment, and policy decisions in the face of transformative change.
Daymark Energy Advisors is seeking an Energy Analyst to join the firm’s market analytics team.
If you have a passion for the energy industry, want to help clients make decisions on the path toward decarbonization, and are a high performer with a history of academic and professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career. We cultivate an inclusive and affirming environment that supports professional growth and rewards entrepreneurial risk taking.
The position will be located in our Worcester, MA office.
Daymark is adhering to recommendations of the Massachusetts Department of Health and CDC with respect to temporary work at home arrangements for all employees during the COVID-19 health crisis.
- Supporting the firm’s market analytics and consulting activities
- Researching electric and natural gas market data
- Maintaining energy market databases
- Building and using power systems, electric and gas infrastructure planning, and price forecasting models
- Analyzing loads and resources
- Researching utility tariffs and regulatory filings
- Provide general support for consulting and marketing operations
- Highly quantitative, with the ability to do thorough analysis with quality, integrity, and objectivity
- Team-oriented problem solver with a ‘can do’ attitude
- Strong Excel skills, with an ability to understand and build models that use features such as arithmetic and index/match formulas, if/then logic, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Experience with Python or R is desirable
- Strong English and communication skills, both orally and in writing, to engage with clients
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Open to putting in the work needed to ensure successful completion of client engagements
- Willing to gain the specialized functional skills and industry knowledge needed to be successful
- B.S. in a technical discipline, e.g., Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics
- This is an entry level position
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.