Daymark Energy Advisors is seeking an Energy Analyst to join the firm’s market analytics team.
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful growing consultancy that provides integrated planning, policy, and strategic decision making advice to the North America electricity and natural gas industries.
If you have a passion for the energy industry and are a high performer with a history of academic and professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career.
The position will be located in our Worcester, MA office.
- Provide analysis to support the firm’s market analytics and consulting activities
- Perform data acquisition, data reporting, and visual graphics creation, primarily using Excel
- Research electric and natural gas market data
- Maintain and improve energy market databases
- Gain/have a strong fundamental understanding of the power markets
- Operate power system, electric and gas infrastructure planning, and price forecasting models
- Analyze large databases of load/usage data to inform analyses
- Research and analyze, wholesale and retail markets, gas and electric utility tariffs, and regulatory filings
- Provide general support for consulting and marketing operations
- Highly quantitative, with the ability to do thorough analysis
- Problem solver with a ‘why not’ attitude
- Strong Excel skills, with an ability to understand and build models that use features such as arithmetic and index/match formulas, if/then logic, pivot tables, macros, etc.
- Experience with MatLab or R is desirable
- Strong English and communication skills. This is a must when speaking and engaging with clients both orally and in writing
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive, high-pressure environment
- Open to working late, including weekends, as needed, to ensure successful completion of client engagements
- Willing to devote hours outside of normal work hours to gain the specialized functional skills and industry knowledge needed to be successful
- B.S. in a technical discipline, e.g., Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Economics
- This is an entry level position
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.