AURORA Expert Modeler
Daymark Energy Advisors is seeking an experienced AURORA Expert Modeler to join the firm’s market analytics team.
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful growing consultancy that provides integrated planning, policy, and strategic decision making advice to the North America electricity and natural gas industries.
We seek an exceptional candidate with expertise in AURORA market modeling and forecasting to join our team. Daymark Energy Advisors has been using AURORA as a critical tool for delivering solutions to clients’ complex commercial and policy challenges. The AURORA Expert Modeler will help our team to meet our clients’ growing need for insights into the challenges and opportunities of the rapidly evolving power markets. If you have a passion for the energy industry and are a high performer with a history of academic and professional excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to further your career.
The position will be located in our Worcester, MA office. Ask about our flexible work arrangements.
- Perform power market model-based price forecasts and analysis of the evolving landscape using the AURORA software by Energy Exemplar in both zonal and nodal configurations, based on solid fundamental understanding of power markets and modeling best practices. For example, recent projects have included assessing the LMP impacts of integrating large amounts of renewable resources market performance and the impacts of adding carbon charges to the market on LMP, production costs, and emissions.
- Provide analysis and expertise to enhance the firm’s market analytics and consulting activities.
- Lead and supervise support teams in market research, data acquisition, data reporting, and visual graphics creation, primarily using Excel and SQL.
- Maintain and improve energy market and power system databases.
- Operate other power system, electric and gas infrastructure planning, and price forecasting models
A qualified candidate for this position will have:
- Significant professional experience operating AURORA, with a strong preference for experience in modeling the PJM and MISO systems
- Strong quantitative and critical analytical skills
- Solid understanding of power system and market fundamentals
- Experience with SQL and R is desirable
- Effective English written and oral communication skills
- An overriding curiosity and desire to help others succeed in a team environment
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to grow your skills and advance your career with an industry-leading energy consulting firm
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Comprehensive group health and dental plans
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.