Analyst - Power System Advisory Team
Daymark Energy Advisors is seeking an Analyst to join the firm’s power system advisory team.
Daymark Energy Advisors is a successful growing consultancy that provides management and investment advisory services and advanced market analytics to the North America electricity and natural gas industries.
We seek an exceptional candidate with expertise in power system modeling and operations to join our team. Grid modernization and resilience, and integration and optimization of renewables and battery storage are top of mind issues to our clients. The successful Analyst will help our clients advance their policy and commercial objectives and will expand the capabilities of Daymark Energy Advisors.
If you have a passion for the energy industry and are a high performer with a history of academic excellence and achievement, you’ll find Daymark Energy Advisors offers a challenging and rewarding environment in which to build your career.
The position is based in our Worcester, MA office.
- Work on project teams and contribute analysis and ideas that address client challenges regarding siting and integration of emerging technologies, operational issues that impact project economics and performance, and transmission system performance and resilience.
- Model the power system and prepare thermal transfer and steady-state thermal and voltage analysis
- Prepare detailed Studies (stability, short circuit) using Siemens PTI PSS/E, PowerGem TARA
- Assess the interactions and integration of resources; model regional market nodal pricing and congestion cost impacts
- Expand business opportunities for the firm by maintaining quality standards, developing strong relationships with existing and potential clients.
A qualified candidate for this position will have:
- An overriding curiosity and desire to solve problems.
- Academic background in power system analysis and modeling, load flow analysis, and system planning; internship or co-op experience applying techniques of power system analysis is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in power systems, electrical engineering, or related field; an advanced degree or professional credential is desirable.
- Strong quantitative and critical analytical skills.
- Effective English written and oral communication skills
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work arrangements
- Participation in our Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Comprehensive group health and dental plans
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care
- Collaborative and supportive work environment
- Opportunity to grow your skills and advance your career with an industry-leading energy consulting firm
Qualified candidates, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.